- Mobile Phone company MTS, are to release thermoresistant SIM cards which are able to withstand temperatures from -40 to +105C. Handy if you live in some kind of freezing wasteland/ scorching desert.
- Ferrets are key to bridging the digital divide between cities and rural areas according to one Broadband provider. (Check the byline date)
- Broadband 'to reduce the gap between internet and TV'. Will the computer screen become the new television screen?
- Gordon Brown want high speed Broadband to 'prevent a digital divide' and yet Labour are trying to rush the Digital Economy Bill through through Parliament before the election.
- Ofcom wants cheaper mobile phone calls and easier network switching. In particular they may force providers to make cross-network calls cheaper.
- Bangladesh has blocked 1.5 million mobile numbers and tightened regulations for buying and selling SIM cards in order to prevent mobile related crime.
Thursday, 1 April 2010
News Round Up
Sorry for the recent lack of updates I have been too busy to spend as much time as I would like posting. I lieu of a full post here are some links to interesting articles I have read over the last week or so. There has been a lot of talk lately about the future of Broadband so there is lots to talk about!